For every organization, their employees are highly valuable assets. Employee satisfaction is almost as important as customer satisfaction. Employee ID cards validate your employee’s role in your organization. By giving your employee ID cards that they can flaunt, you let your organization’s name become even more visible around town and other business establishments, thus increasing your marketing footprint.
Here are a few factors that can set your employee ID card apart.
Stick to a Sensible Design
Going for an outlandish design for your employee ID card is not necessary to set it apart. You can look for office ID badges online and find multiple templates. Things to decide about the design of the card are:
- Orientation: Depending on how you want your employee to carry the ID you can decide on orientation.
- Single or Double Side: smaller businesses opt for single-sided cards. To highlight your organization and keep your employee details on the same card, double-sided cards work the best.
- Color Choices: Keep the IDs in tune with your company’s color scheme if you have any. Backgrounds of flashy colors make the cards look tacky as well as making them hard to read.
- Fonts: Going crazy with fonts for an ID card is a bad idea since it makes them hard to read. Stick to clear and bold fonts.
- Encoded Data: for many organizations these are necessary for office space access. Do not add redundant barcodes if they are not necessary.
Let your Logo be Seen
Your employees' ID can be a good way of getting your organization's name out there. The logo of your company should be the first thing that comes to view on the ID card. To ensure this you need to make the size of your logo bigger than the other components of the ID. The colors you choose for your ID should make your logo stand out.
Along with the organization logo, you can opt to add some organization information. Add your company corporate address lines and contact information. Adding the area of work that your business handles is also an option.
Choose the Best Quality
No matter how well the design is of your office ID, it is bound to be tacky if the quality of the card is bad. You can find bulk printers that offer ID cards printed for cheap. Buying office ID badges online should be done from reputable sites which offer the best quality product. The durability of the card sets trendy ID cards apart from tacky ones.
Employee Identification and Details
The most eye-catching feature of an office ID card, after the company logo, should be the employee picture. Keep a nice prominent space on the front side of the ID for your employees’ picture. For double-sided IDs, keep space for your employee’s name, designation, year of validity of the ID card and employee number (if any) on the front side.
Personal information, like your employee’s business address, office contact details and emergency contact details, should always be on the flip side of the card.
Update: Canva, the popular tool for more easily creating custom graphics for your social media or online marketing efforts now has the ability to create ID cards for your company or organization with the same ease, quality and simplicity.